Monday, May 25, 2009

Loss is Loss

My cousin Shelly died suddenly leaving behind a husband and three children; she was 39. So here I sit in shock watching a Land of The Lost marathon hoping that this show from my childhood can somehow erase the confusion and pain of this unexplained death. When someone young dies it's assumed it's suicide or an accident, this was neither. She felt dizzy, she laid down and never woke up. Why do these things happen; there's no easy answer. She was needed elsewhere, a higher purpose, OK. Shelly once thought that when her oldest child was a baby that our grandmother, who had just past, was watching over her and the baby. I really hope she was because I'm sure grandma was the first to meet her, no doubt with tears in her eyes, but with open arms. In the UP a cousin is more then just your aunt's or uncle's child, they're your friend. I'm 39 but will turn 40 soon, Shelly will now and forever be 39. Rest in peace Shell.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Shelley...I still can't believe it. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers Brian.

    ReplyDelete